Saturday, May 13, 2006

Apostrophe Apocalypse

Never mind red spots. Today I have been mostly taking out commas.

Tomorrow I’ll probably be mostly putting them back in.

Later on, I’ll be heading into town, to see the more-famous-than-me SF writer Stephen Baxter. I want to give him a DVD copy of a marvellous Russian faux documentary, The First on the Moon. It’s a very clever and enthralling mashup of existing and faked material that creates a Secret History of the Soviet manned Lunar program, with a lovely, poignant coda. Given Mr Baxter’s interest in alternate space programs, I’ll be intrigued to see what he makes of it. The DVD was passed on to me by Kim Newman, who was given it at a film festival, and as far as I know, the film hasn’t had a theatrical release in the UK or the US, although it was shown at the recent SF film festival here in London. But if you do get a chance to see it, don’t miss it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I assume you've seen this:
http://www.negrospaceprogram.com/
If not, it's brilliant.
Ellen

May 14, 2006 6:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, found ya.

:)

May 21, 2006 3:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts